Carisa is a blogger from Bunnies and Pearls blog, married to her high school sweetheart and works as an accountant but spends her free time crafting and cooking!
The other day I was browsing necklaces on Anthropologie’s website.
They are fabulous, but expensive! I had supplies at home that I used to re-create this beauty to my liking.
-Large Jump Hooks
-Beads or Pendants
-Needle Nose Plyers
*the amount needed really depends on how many beads you want*
1. Cut large chain the desired length.
Double it and add two large jump hooks to each end.
2. Attach two small jump hooks and the small chain so the necklace is to your desired length.
3. Use a head pin to create a loop in your bead.
You will need your pliers to make a loop.
4. Find the center of your necklace and attach another large jump hook.
5. Hook the bead to the hook and the hook to the chain
6. Attached the other beads the same way.
I went with three because that is all I had. If I had bought more beads I would have gone with more. Make sure to space them out evenly because you will be able to tell when it is around your neck.
*Sorry I switched work surfaces midway through*
7. Below is the finished product.
If and when I make another one I will make the large chain shorter and add more beads. But I really like the edgy look of the one I made.
A note from Kendra:
Carisa, thank you so much for sharing this great DIY! I’ve only dabbled in making jewelery before giving up out of frustration but this piece is beautiful and I’ll definitely be trying my hand at it when I’m out of my new baby haze!